Saturday, January 14, 2006

A few of my favorite things...Part Deux

Hey hey! A new post! Welcome to the second part of my fav things series. Today we'll be discussing cars. If you didn't know, I will be getting my own vehicle come this summer. I will be using it at school in Cleveland. I have been changing my mind on which car to buy for probably the last 2 years now, but I think I at last have made my final choice..for now at least. So, here it is!

the all new, 2006 Nissan Frontier


Four-door Crew cab, 265hp V6 engine, and enough cargo room to haul college gear, a drum set, and a couple mountain bikes. All for around $22,000. I never really saw myself getting a truck before, but figuring that I will have this thing for quite a while, I better get a vehicle that can handle such large tasks adults must take. I think it looks bad, you know, the good bad.

Let me give you a tour of my previous auto choices..

Infiniti G35 Sports Coupe

Hey, I can dream, right? At least it had four seats (barely) as opposed to my beloved 2 seater Nissan 350Z.

Ford Mustang

Good car, even though it's a Ford. For a sports car it's pretty cheap. But around this time here i'm realizing the downfall of limited cargo.

Subaru Forester

Pretty nimble, enough room, kinda ugly (a bit soccer-mommish?)

Nissan Murano

I liked the '05 version better. It's still too mommish, and too expensive.

From here I went back to the Mustang, to the Honda Accord, and finally to the Frontier. Let's see if that changes by June.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aileen said...

ooh nice choice. i think it's a very good idea to get a truck. i bought a tv, just a freakin tv, and i was forced to call a good friend with an SUV so that i could get it home.

another important thing to consider though is mileage. gas is freakin EXPENSIVE.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Edward said...

Hey thats cool! I like the truck! Though all I've ever had were trucks. I also like that fact, I can haul just about any furniture Item I want in my Dodge Dakota. The only drawback to a large truck, is parallel parking in the city. But I dont know how parking is in Cleveland. Hopefully not the alley sized one way streets of Philly. All your vehicle choices are a bit pricey though. Insurance for a sportscar is kinda high, so that should be a factor in your decision as well.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home